Friday, October 10, 2008

Face Swap Tutorial




How many times have you taken a group photograph, only to find that someone blinked or looked away just as you pressed the shutter? When I take group photos I always use the sequential shooting mode which is available on most digital cameras today. This means that your camera will continue to fire off photos while you hold down the shutter button. If you want to take that a step further you can use the bracketing mode, which will take three photos at different exposures, so you have a choice. You'll see the problem that I had when you look at the photos above. My dear brother and his family were having lots of fun, horsing around while I was trying to get a good photo in fading light. Fading light means you need to use a slow shutter speed to get a decent exposure without the flash. Slow shutter speeds result in blurring if people are jumping around. I had two photos which both had problems. Linda Sattgast from Scrapper's Guide wrote a wonderful tutorial on how to do a face swap in July 2007 so I have put a link to this tutorial here. This is one of the benefits of signing up for the Scrapper's Guide free newsletters. I just knew this was going to come in handy one day. I took my sister in law's face from the first photo and placed it in the second photo via the face swap method and voila... I have a photo I can use.
Credits: Treasure template (part of your free kit when you sign up for my digital scrapbooking classes), and all other elements by Katie Pertiet of Designer Digitals. Font: Olicana Smooth. (not free but stunning) A similar one that is free, CAC Shishoni Brush.

1 comment:

Carol said...

That is absolutely amazing. You can't even see where it's joined. It's incredible. I must try this ... perhaps my head on Elle Macpherson's body? ROFL