Saturday, January 10, 2009

Make your own calendar.

Making a calendar is not as time consuming as you might imagine. I made the size eight inches square instead of twelve so that I could print it out on A4 paper. I used a box calendar template for each month and just added my own special occasions. I printed an 8 x 8 inch layout on the back of each one so I have a lovely scrapbook page for each month. You could showcase all the pages you have created during the year or create a special page for whoever has a birthday that month. May is Katie's month (mine too but she's more important). For the cover, I have made a year in review page with a photo from every month from the previous year. Just remember that when you print out your box calendar, you need to flip it over so that the scrapbook page is facing the right way. I used Epson's double sided matt heavy weight paper and my "Zutter Bind It All" to hold it together. If I were you I would also put a little dot on the top of the pages where you want to punch a hole. I forgot and had to measure and do it later. It would have been much easier if I had centered a circle in Photoshop first on each page.

Credits: Background paper - Scrapper's Guide January Premier kit by Amanda Heimann. Year in review template No 3, My Memories Quick Page ,(from our class kit) Digitally pressed petals No 3, May Alpha from Botanist No 16 - Katie Pertiet. Days and Months Hand Drawn Brushes - Ali Edwards. Box Calendar template by Kellie Mize of We are storytellers. Fonts: CK_Ali's Hand (see right hand side link under free fonts, Olicana Smooth and Susie's Hand.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, the calendar looks absolutely wonderful. You're inspiring me to make one for next year for gifts.

april047 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.