Saturday, April 4, 2009

April Templates at Scrapper's Guide

Double page spread.

Album Cover

I have a real soft spot for heritage layouts so this month's kit called "Memories" by Vera Lim was the perfect inspiration I needed to start scrapping these old photos of my mother's family. As a special bonus for Premier Members I've created two page curls that can be used on any layout. That's the beauty of layered templates.
It was my turn this month to create the album cover so in keeping with my heritage look I decided to use the brown paper background. My grandmother is the little one in the front so this photo would have been taken in 1900. The photo on the back is her grandmother at seventeen who was born in 1842. She had thirteen children, twelve of whom survived. They were hardy souls back then. No fuss, no nonsense. They just got on with it. I asked my grandmother once how she coped with being widowed in her forties, never to remarry and she said, "It's a good idea not to think too much." I have to keep reminding myself of those words of wisdom.

No comments: